The Hernandez/Gonzmart family opened the landmark Columbia Restaurant in Tampa's historic Ybor City in 1905. Today, it’s Florida’s Oldest Restaurant℠ and the world's largest Spanish restaurant.
The colorful mosaic-tiled fountain in the Patio Dining Room has a statue in the middle called "Arion and the Dolphin.” The statue is a replica of a sculpture found in the ruins of Pompeii. Cesar Gonzmart had the statue built in Italy in 1937, the same year he had the Patio Dining Room built.
For more than 70 years, as sunlight shines overhead through the skylight roof, The Columbia’s fountain and balcony provide a colorful background to countless happy occasions, including engagements, wedding receptions, birthdays and anniversary celebrations.